Tagged with 'polypropylene'
When you need webbing for home, work or school use, it is important to know the best varieties for different purposes. Webbing is a durable woven fabric available in an assortment of widths and thicknesses for use on:
• Camping gear – straps and handles on tents and sleeping bags
• School supplies – shoulder straps on backpacks
• Military gear – waterproof belts and straps
• Furniture – outdoor items such as chairs and chaises
• Vehicle safety – seat belts and shoulder harnesses
• Pet supplies – leashes and collars
• Clothing – embellishments or functions
Hook and loop fasteners, commonly known by the Velcro® brand name, come in a variety of strengths and materials to handle everything from home and garden tasks to heavy-duty and industrial-strength jobs. Hook and loop fasteners and straps, as well as specialty versions of hook and loop can be purchased in polyester, polypropylene and nylon materials for use in automotive, medicine, military and many other industries. While each type of hook and loop fiber offers its own benefits, the type of task it will be performing is the best way to make a selection.
Hook and loop fasteners consist of two distinct pieces. The rough, scratchy side is the hook because it is covered with several tiny hooks per square inch. Likewise, the soft, fuzzy side is the loop because it is covered with many small loops. The hooks engage the loops when the two sides are pressed together. This creates a bond that is exceptionally strong and allows for repeated use that lasts for thousands of cycles.